Wedding Day Hair & Makeup Checklist
Your wedding hair and makeup artist has been booked and you’ve had your trial sessions. Your dress is ready and waiting for you. The wedding ceremony and reception venues are just awaiting your arrival and your flowers are booked to be delivered. What else do you need to do?
One Week Wedding Countdown Beauty Planner
One Week Before Your Wedding
* Book your waxing sessions in. Bikini, legs, underarms, face – whatever takes your fancy.
* Have your eyebrows professionally shaped.
Three Days Before Your Wedding
* Indulge in an exfoliating facial, but make sure that the products used are ones which you have used before with no side effects.
* Have your professional spray tan done, which we can also help you out with!
* Relax with a manicure and pedicure.
The Night Before Your Wedding
* You’ll need to completely wash your hair and air dry it naturally. Don’t use any product in it, but you can straighten it with heated hair irons if you need to.
* A deep conditioning hair treatment can also be used.
* Get plenty of sleep. Avoid drinking too much alcohol as this can make your eyes puffy and drink plenty of water instead.
Your Wedding Day!
Today is the day brides, it’s the one you’ve been planning for so long that you can’t actually believe it’s arrived! Your wedding day is today and everything is perfect. Surely there can’t be anything else you need to do? Well, I’ve got a few tips for you…
* Wash and moisturise your face, but make sure that your moisturiser does not contain any SPF factor as this will cause flashback in your wedding photos.
* Wear a comfy robe while you are having your hair and makeup done. Make sure that you are not wearing any tops which need to be pulled over your head, so a button up blouse would work well.
* Ask for help putting on your wedding dress – that’s what you’ve got bridesmaids for!
* Smile and love every minute of your day!
As an Auckland wedding and special events makeup artist, I understand the pressures and stresses that brides to be face. Let me help make planning for your wedding a lot easier by booking my mobile wedding hair and makeup services. I can bring with me my wedding hair stylists on the day or you can visit our Taupaki studio in West Auckland; whatever is easier for you. I would love to work with you on your special day, so please give me a call today on 0212063006. We can book in your trial and wedding day makeup, letting you cross another thing off your wedding checklist!
Top 5 Wedding Makeup Ideas
You’ve sent out the invitations, found your dress and booked your wedding makeup artist. You are now officially on your wedding day countdown! Now that you have made all the big decisions, it’s time to start finalising all the little details such as deciding on your wedding makeup. We have put together our top 5 wedding makeup ideas to help make things just that little bit easier for you.
1. Organise and book a trial makeup session with your wedding makeup artist at least three weeks out from your wedding day. If you are able to, have your hair done first so that you will be able to see exactly the way you are going to look on your big day! Your makeup artist will use this time to discuss and try out colours, tones and styles with you to ensure that you will look amazing on the day and there will be no unpleasant surprises!
2. Take some time to sit down and collect a range of bridal makeup photos and ideas from magazines to bring with you to your trial makeup session. Make sure you write down what it is about each photo that you like and discuss your ideas with your makeup artist. She will be able to tell you what would work with your skin tone and facial structure and demonstrate these for you.
3. Buy a top of the same colour and similar neckline as your wedding dress and wear it to your trial makeup and hair appointments. It will let you see whether your makeup has enough colour in it to be seen against the colour of your dress. Once your hair has been done, it will also help you decide whether or not you should invest in a spray tan for your wedding day. Especially if you are having a pinned up style which will reveal your arms and shoulders.
4. Allow at least 45 minutes for your wedding makeup to be applied on your big day. Use this time to sit back and enjoy everything happening all around you. If your makeup artist is coming to you, arrange an area full of natural light and free from fluorescent light for the application of your makeup.
5. Try a lipstick colour which is a couple of shades brighter than what you usually wear, especially if you are a fan of nude or natural shades. Pinks, plums and rose shades make a lovely choice for a bride. Ask your wedding makeup artist to use a moisturising satin-type finish lipstick to keep your lips looking hydrated and at their best throughout the day.
Remember here at Fresh and Flawless Makeup and Beauty that we can take care of all your wedding makeup, hair and nail and tanning needs. Located in Taupaki in North West Auckland, we offer fantastic customer service and wedding makeup in the Auckland region. Contact us today and let us help give you a day to remember! Phone Lauren on 0212063006 or email email@example.com.
Planning Essentials for Your 2017 or 2018 Wedding
Are you getting married in 2017 or 2018? I am so excited about the upcoming 2016/2017 wedding season because there is nothing more special than seeing my beautiful brides radiant with pleasure on their special day. But as a makeup artist, my job is not only to make you sparkle on your wedding day, but I love hearing about all your other wedding plans too.
2017/2018 Wedding Checklist
Planning a wedding is an enormous job. What I have discovered after working with many brides, is that it helps to have a wedding checklist. So first of all, work out a date with your fiancée. Once your date is confirmed, then you can start working through your wedding checklist.
* Book your Auckland makeup artist! That’s me, Lauren from Fresh and Flawless. I can come to you anywhere within the Auckland region or you are most welcome to visit my Taupaki salon. As well as doing your bridal makeup, I also have a hair styling team I work with too, making us your one stop wedding beauty team!
* Book your wedding celebrant and arrange for a marriage license
* Find your must have wedding dress – and show me so I can advise on makeup styles to suit
* Book both your wedding ceremony and reception venues
* Purchase your wedding rings
* Book your reception caterers
* Choose your bridal party and arrange their hair and makeup sessions with me too
* Organise your guest list, sending out both Save the Date and Wedding Invitations
* Hire a wedding photographer
* Organise bridesmaid dresses for your bridal party
* Book your florist
* Organise the entertainment for your wedding reception
* Decide on music for your First Dance and at your ceremony
* Plan and book your honeymoon
As a bride, you really need to plan ahead. I cannot stress how important it is to book well ahead of your wedding to make sure that you get the wedding makeup and hair professionals of your choice because when we’re booked, we are booked!
We can cater for wedding parties of any size and our goal is to make you all feel relaxed, pampered and amazingly beautiful. So if you are getting married at any one of Auckland’s amazing wedding venues, I’d love to hear from you. Don’t forget to head over to learn about my top Wedding Tips & Tricks too. I really look forward to hearing from you, so please get in touch today!